Friday, June 17, 2005

What a Day! [16-06-05]i

This morning was our vet trip breakfast punting trip with Dr Holmes (Anatomy supervisor and d.o.s.) - we met at 9am (:o) in Queens and punted for 90 mins most of the way to Granchester before stopping to have a picnic. There was some impressive Bridge hopping from Gary and Thad who both managed to get over the same bridge at the same time, out-of and into the same punt. I managed to shame myself twice, both involving evil trees (humm... that sounds a bit rough - I shall explain): I was punting along, when we went under a rather thick overhanging branch. In my confusion as to whether to go under or over it, it kinda just lodged in my stomach and I was left hanging off it as the punt drifted away down the river. I had to wait for the next punt along (lagging vets, formed more slowly by Okavetsci fragments) to pick me up.
Getting back into the punts on the way home, Alex put one leg on the punt, at which time it duly drifted away from the bank, sending her leg into the water. As if to out-do her (sadly it wasn't - I was just clumsy), on the way back I was swapping punting duties with Gary, and as I stood up, I didn't see a tree coming towards my back as the punt drifted. Next thing I new, I was pulling myself back into the punt soaking wet. So, Andrew and Mary having left earlier to go to rowing, Alex and I were left to walk back to Mem Court alone, both looking worse for wear. What a pair.

Picnic in the afternoon by Mill Pond - was really nice, Alex and I fell asleep for an hour in the sun while everyone else wandered off to the pub - we really are incredibly tired after those bloody exams. This evening, refreshed after my afternoon siesta, I joined everyone in the LCR for a Pirates of the Carribean watching session with wine, cheese and oat biscuits. With a bit of chocolate and Big Brother interspursed within the Depp/Orlando fest (:jankrolleyes:) we used up a good 3 hours :) was great. Then, we decided to go punting - I seemed to think I wasn't traumatised enough having had a good splash in the river and having spent the last 3 hours watching boats being sunk. We got to the porters' lodge at a quarter to 1 am. Apparently you can't take it out after midnight. Grr. So, we went to the Fellows' Garden for a bit and sampled the wonder of the Clare College security system. Apparently we're not allowed in there after 10pm, and the porter had watched only 2 of us leave (Reece and AlexTB) but 5 of us enter. Ingenious.

AAAAAAAAAAAnyway, that was a mighty long post -

Tom xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAYY!!!

THE GOOD TIMES...
THE BAD TIMES...
THE UGLY TIMES...


Be happy we lead such beautiful lives.