Monday, June 22, 2009

Bike tinkering complete!

The bike has now been tinkered with, and is new and improved. Here's a list of the adjustments

  • New lights added as old bracket had broken
  • Brakes adjusted so both rear levers have action, rather than just one (thus removing irritating squeaking)
  • Wheels added (as they had to be removed for transport) and tyres pumped
  • Gear lever secured (as bolt had been lost)
  • Washed and hosed down
  • BOX ADDED (very exciting). I've attached some pictures below so you can see. I've used an old recycling box - if my parents need it they can have it back (I'm sure they wont mind that I've drilled a few holes in it) and I'll get a proper box. A really useful box would be good (as they have water-tight lids), but I'm not sure how to make sure the lid doesn't get stolen. I'd need to attach it to the bike with a chain or something. It's attached using an ingenious combination of holes and cable-ties, with another hole drilled to take the light bracket.

1 comment:

Joe W said...

Thanks for telling us about this. I really like the box!